603 Warren St. | PO Box 656
Hudson, New York 12534 | 518-303-6122
Purpose: The HPF scholarship award was created as a way to reward community involvement and encourage Columbia County students to pursue a college education. Each year, one Columbia County School District High School graduating senior, who has demonstrated a real commitment to promoting and supporting LGBT equal rights and made a positive difference in the LGBT community in some measurable way, will receive $1,000 for each year of college (up to 4 years). Scholarships are also available to previous winners who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university or other post-secondary institution and has maintained a 3.0 GPA or better.
$1,000 scholarship awarded to one (1) high school senior student selected by the Hudson Pride Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Each individual student selected as an HPF scholarship winner is eligible to receive a maximum lifetime award of no more than $4,000.
1) Applicant must be a Columbia County School District resident.
2) Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award OR an undergraduate continuing his or her education in an accredited college/university and has maintained a 3.0 GPA or better. Proof of GPA is required.
3) Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact or involvement and/or significant improvement/success and community involvement, determined through letters of recommendation in relationship to advancing the equality of the LGBT community.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1) Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
2) Two (2) letters of recommendations (or more) from high school teacher, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and involvement in the LGBT community (Please, no family members)
3) A recent official high school transcript with cumulative grade point Average (GPA)
4) Personal Essay: "How have you made a positive difference in the LGBT community?"
Deadline for the application is Friday, May 31, 2013.
Applications postmarked or time stamped after this date will not be considered.
Friday, June 28, 2013 is the date we will contact applicants with our determination.
The Hudson Pride Foundation provides under-graduate grants & scholarships to meritorious students in Columbia County, NY who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression as well as students who have demonstrated a real commitment to promoting & supporting LGBT equal rights.
The HPF scholarship award was created as a way to reward community involvement and encourage Columbia County students to pursue a college education.
All content © Hudson Pride Foundation unless otherwise indicated.
Hudson Pride Foundation | PO Box 656 | Hudson, New York 12534 | 518-303-6122
The Hudson Pride Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt, publicly supported organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.